Pawsitive Results: Intermediate Obedience Training Classes
Classes begin Wednesday, March 4, 2020
*Basic Obedience at 4p, *Intermediate Obedience at 5:30p
WITH Pawsitive Results Dog Training
Classes begin Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 – *Basic Obedience at 4p, *Intermediate Obedience at 5:30p
WEDNESDAYs, March 4, 11, 18 & 25
PAWSITIVE RESULTS INTERMEDIATE TRAINING CLASSES
- Classes will be held Wednesday evenings for a 4 week session.
- Basic Training Needed
- $100 for 4-Week Session
This 4-Week course based on Pawsitive reinforcement, will teach extended sit stay, down stay, loose leash walk, heel, heeling off leash just using voice commands, all basic commands with distractions, relay games using commands. All while creating a strong bond between you and your pet through mutual trust and love with realistic expectations.
Space is limited. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Package Cancellation
- Full Payment is due at enrollment to reserve your space in the training class. Unpaid registrations do not hold a space in the class.
- Payment for cancellations of package will be refunded in full with 72 hours notice of the first class start date or credited in full toward another class with start date within a 30 day period.
- Payment is non-refundable and non-transferable with under 72 hours notice of group class start date. No exceptions. Why 72 hours notice? We are different from a tangible product in that we can’t just put our services back on the shelf to resell like you would if returning a pair of shoes. Without ample notice, we can’t resell your training package and in short, that business model is unsustainable. We only have a handful of spots in each class. Sometimes we have a wait list for classes, but those people need time to rearrange their schedule. We also book our trainers out based on number of participants with multiple trainers in each class. We can’t very well tell them last minute we don’t need them and they’re out their wages. Their livelihood depends on us. The reality is that we can keep our rates reasonable by relying on each person to do their part. It’s part of our mission to provide expert training at a reasonable cost in our group classes because it means more dogs and their families lead happy lives together. Thanks for understanding.
Cancellation of Classes On Our or Mother Nature’s Part
If minimum enrollment for the class is not met, you will be notified 24 hours prior to the class start date by email or telephone. Your start date may be pushed out by 1-2 weeks. You will be offered the option to enroll in another class if needed, receive credit toward another class or receive a full refund.
In the event of a weather cancellation, you will be notified via email 1 hour prior to your class start time and these cancellations will be listed on the website home page. It is a good idea to check your email prior to heading out during excessive rain / flooding or heavy snow. Make up classes will be held on Sundays following your last scheduled class and you will be notified by your trainer of the schedule.
If you must miss a class, trainer agrees to provide handout and video demos (when available) for your reference. You must request these via email. We have most of the exercises documented in video format. Exceptions are week 6 where the exercises vary based on class needs and one exercise in week 5 which we from a training plan specific to each dog.
If your dog misses 2 classes in a six week series, you will be required to re-register and start again. Our groups are designed to build on skills progressively each week and would require substantial one-on-one trainer instruction to bring you back up to speed which is unfair to the other class participants.
Group Class Outline & Requirements
- Unless otherwise indicated, group classes meet for 50 minutes to 1 hour weekly.
- Dogs must be current on age-appropriate vaccinations.
- All dogs should potty prior to class.
- Bring a variety of treats your dog is crazy about to each class.
- Bring an edible chew or stuffed Kong to each class.
- You may enter the building 5 minutes prior to the start of your class. Please take a moment to exercise your dog if you arrive early as we will have participants from the previous class exiting the building, and will be setting up the room for your class.
- Arrive and be prepared to start the class on time. Late arrivals cause disruption to the flow of the class.
- Your dog should be equipped with a flat nylon or leather collar or martingale collar, harness as needed and 4-6 foot leash. We do not permit prong, choke, slip leads, electronic collars or retractable leashes.
Classes are staffed with two trainers per class.
Family participation is encouraged. Parents are required to supervise children and children must remain within your training area throughout the class for the safety of the child and the other participants. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Unless otherwise specified, all dogs in a group setting must be comfortable with other dogs and strangers.
At the trainer’s discretion, dogs deemed dangerous, overly fearful or disruptive to the class will be transitioned to private sessions equal to the remaining balance of your group class. Private sessions are held Tuesday – Thursday 11am – 5pm.